Sunday 24 July 2016

SLW2 - Round 4 Answers

   away      by      down      into      off      on      out      over      through      under   
Top of Form

1. They were party animals in college. They went out almost every night and rarely came home before four o'clock in the morning.

2. I am sorry I interrupted you. Please go on. I really want to hear the end of your story.

3. Our neighbour's car alarm went off several times last night, so I didn't sleep well at all.

4. The project is classified by the military, so I am not allowed to go into the details. Let's just say it's going to cost the government a lot of money.

5. The test is fairly complicated. I would suggest going over your notes from class a couple of times before you try to take it.

6. I'll mail that letter for you. I go by the post office on my way to work.

7. Did you see that news report about the hikers who were lost in the mountains for more than a week? I couldn't believe everything they went through. Their story was absolutely incredible.

8. Jerry really struggled to keep his business going. But after months without any customers, it finally went under.

9. I had the hiccups for over half an hour. Luckily, my friend Jane showed me a trick to make them go away.

10. The doctor made Joe lie in a cold bath to help his fever go down.

No comments:

Post a Comment