Sunday 17 July 2016

SLW2 Round 3 Answers


across     along    around     back to    into    out     through    to    together   up   
Top of Form

Dear Mom and Dad,

I finally got (1) into that philosophy class I was telling you about. It wasn't easy. It's a required course and there is no way to get (2) around it. The professor, Dr. Schmitt, seems very good, but I think his class is going to be quite a challenge.

Yesterday was the first day of the course. He gave everyone in the class a syllabus describing the homework and the exams. I couldn't believe how much he expects us to do. Several of the students immediately got (3) up and left the room. After they were gone, Professor Schmitt started asking the remaining students philosophical questions. They all had great answers, but then he got (4) to me. "What is art?" he asked me. I tried to answer him, but I couldn't get what I wanted to say (5) across to him. He smiled at me and got three or four art books (6) out. He passed the art books around and asked us to discuss the question in groups. The people in my discussion group were really great; we all really enjoyed debating the question. Since we got (7) along so well, we have decided to form a study group, so we can help each other get (8) through this class.

I know my grades haven't been the best, but with the help of this study group I should be able to get it (9) together and do better this semester. Well, I need to get (10)  back to work and finish my assignments for tomorrow. Everybody take care, and I'll see you at Thanksgiving.

Love,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment