Wednesday 27 July 2016

EL Matters - 28 July

Dear 5F,

Here is a link that explains when to use 'My friend and me' and 'My friend and I'.

A good trick would be to take away 'My friend' in the sentence and see whether it is grammatically correct.

• Me (and my friend) went to a party last night. 
• I (and my friend) went to a party last night. [Correct]


• (My friend and) me went to a party last night.  
• (My friend and) I went to a party last night. [Correct]


• The mayor has invited me (and my husband). [Correct]
• The mayor has invited I (and my husband). 


• The mayor has invited (my husband and) me. [Correct]
• The mayor has invited (my husband and) I. 


Hope you are able to apply what you have learnt to your writing.

Homework:



  • Do SW7 Corrections (By Fri)

Reminders:
  • Unit 7 Spelling is tomorrow.
  • Phrasal Verbs test 5 (next Wed)
  • Bring full scap paper next Mon.
  • Bring LC Book next Wed. Remember to practise Reading Aloud and SBC 4 and 5 by then.
=)

Mdm Tan


No comments:

Post a Comment